Farm Show Begins

PHOTO BY JONATHAN ZIEGLER

The opening of the 2009 Farm Show in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania arrived along with a major snowstorm. I won't be going back to the show until tomorrow but that didn't stop faculty and staff from the College of Agricultural Sciences from conducting workshops and demonstrations. These pictures were sent to me this evening and are just one example of some of the things going on at the Penn State exhibit. Above Sjoerd W. Duiker, Associate Professor of Soil Management and Applied Soil Physics, conducts a demonstration showing how no-till cropping systems can improve water quality.

I have also put a link to the Farm Show Webcam on the right hand side of the page. I watched it awhile and actually saw some people I knew. Weird.

Early tomorrow morning I head to the show and plan to shoot a lot of pictures. Stay tuned...

Comments

Popular Posts