Not Always Sunny in Happy Valley

Yesterday after finishing an assignment on the 5th floor of the Agricultural Science and Industries Building I stood at the windows watching the rain from a brief passing storm. I caught this young man racing between the raindrops. I didn't relish pushing a cart full of photo gear back to my office in the rain.

The circular planting outside of ASI Building reminded me of the outstanding landscape that exists at the University Park campus of Penn State. It's easy to take for granted when you are here all the time but every now and again something slows you down and you see it with new eyes. Like the weather.

The College of Ag Sciences offers an undergraduate degree program in Landscape Contracting for those interested in creating spaces like these.

Sometimes it does rain in Happy Valley. I waited five minutes and the sun came out.


Comments

Popular Posts