Doughnut Fueled Science

A different scene from Ag Hill.

When I was a student you had to go downtown to Mister Donut for these. And there were no fresh bagels around. At the Blue Chip Bistro and Cafe in the Business Building (conveniently located on Ag Hill) you can grab one of these in the morning. I've seen a wide range of faculty members, students and researchers there. You have to wonder if a doughnut doesn't hold some secret ingredient to enhance mental acuity....

Seriously though, students have a wide range of choices for food on campus. All part of the Penn State experience. And in case you didn't know it -- if you buy a cup of coffee or tea before 10am you get a doughnut for free.

The Bistro closes at 2pm. It's 1:40. I wonder....

Comments

Anonymous said…
Steve, As a poor agronomy grad student in the early 60's, I had two donuts and chocolate milk every day for breakfast at the PS Creamery. That may have contributed to my high cholesterol, but it was sure a tasty way to start the day.

Nelson
Steve Williams said…
Nelson: I've been eating doughnuts and ice cream at the Creamery since 1972 and so far my cholesterol is ok. It continues to be a great way to start the day. But I suppose I should take a bit more informed responsibility for my diet...

Popular Posts