Challenges in the Sensory Evaluation Lab at Penn State

It’s hard enough to keep my brain engaged creatively in making pictures without having to step through research minefields. I was documenting a recent event on food safety when I came upon this message on the board in the Sensory Evaluation Lab in the new Food Science Building. What’s a photographer to do? On the one hand I have a group of government officials touring the pilot plant, microbiology labs, and the processing plant for the Berkey Creamery at Penn State. On the other the siren song of candy.

I’m not sure exactly what the message meant but I suspect it referred to some sort of reward to volunteers who take part in sensory evaluation tests of various food products. Ever the professional I left the building with photographs but no candy.

Next time I’ll have better contingency plans.

Comments

Popular Posts